Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR) offers educational and outreach services to assist faculty and staff at all stages of private funding development. We can help you locate funding opportunities, write proposals, and keep track of grant reporting. Typically, we have offered the following resources at the Las Cruces campus, but researchers and program administrators across the NMSU system are encouraged to contact us to set up workshops or information sessions at your location or online:
- Teaching Academy Workshops: We offer a variety of workshops through NMSU’s teaching academy. In the fall, we offer “Introduction to Private Funding” for early career faculty and those who are new to the world of private funding. In the spring semester we offer more focused workshops related to private funding in specialized fields of research.
- Department Presentations: Deans and department heads can request specialized CFR presentations that focus on introducing your staff to CFR resources, presenting field-specific funding opportunities, or writing workshops for private funding proposals.
- Collaboration on Research Events: A CFR development officer can work with your research group to locate funding opportunities, develop activities to encourage interdepartmental collaboration based on specific research topics, or recruit corporate or foundation participation.
- Drop-in Office Hours: Faculty and staff are welcome to stop by our office (Dove Hall 117) from 3-5pm on Wednesdays to discuss project ideas, opportunities, or discuss CFR resources. Drop-in hours are open every Wednesday of the year, with the exception of campus administration holidays.
- Individual Appointments: Faculty often prefer to work with us on a one-on-one basis. We can also meet you in your office or lab to discuss your project at any stage of development.
For more information or to schedule an event, appointment, or department presentation, call us at 575-646-1958 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.