What They Do
The Alumni Board of Directors (ABD) is a highly engaged collection of alumni representatives from each academic college, boasting diverse backgrounds, interests and regions that cover the last 5 decades of graduates from NMSU. The mission of the ABD is to promote the NMSU Alumni Association by connecting alumni and friends back to our Aggie family and help advance the University's goals, promote student success and continue to spread Aggie spirit and pride.
Members of the Board promote NMSU, connect alumni and friends, advise the Association, network with other Aggies at events and celebrations, support students, serve on committees and programs, share expertise and assist the NMSU Foundation as Ambassadors to promote engagement, development and stewardship. Board members volunteer an average of 5 hours each month, maintain an active membership in the Alumni Association, donate a minimum of $1,000 annually to the Alumni Association and participate as Aggie Ambassadors throughout the year.
Deadline to submit for the July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2025 Board is March 31, 2022.
The Executive Council consists of the three officers of the Association, each Committee Chair, and the Past President. The President-Elect of the Association becomes the President at the end of their term. The President becomes the Past-President at the end of their term. The President and President-Elect serve one full year beginning July 1 of the fiscal year following their election. The Secretary/Treasurer also serves one full year beginning July 1 of the fiscal year following their election.
Michael Law '05
Paulo Tomasovich '02
Kim Archuleta '96 '03
Carol Smallwood '83
Karen Bardwell '74, '78, '86
Buff Benson '70 '72
Sean Devine '05
Elizabeth Eaton '01 '13
Joe Favia '89
Kristin Graham Chavez '93 '94
Lucia Konrath '00
Doug Markle '97
Orlando Padilla '76
Bill Plantz '85
Brenda Porter '83 '86
Midhat Quadri '05
Tony Ramirez, Jr. '02
Erika Swan '95
Adam Thompson '08
Christine Trujillo '90
The NMSU Alumni Association ABD enhances alumni participation and promotes alumni support.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Connect & reconnect Alumni to build lifelong relationships with New Mexico State University. Take an active part in reviewing, approving, monitoring, and achieving our objectives.
- Learn as much as possible about New Mexico State University, including its unique nature as a Land Grant Institution.
- Learn about the role of the Board – its function, policies, committees, work, outreach, and vision for the future.
- Abide by the Constitution and Bylaws. Keep appropriate information confidential and comply with the Confidentiality Statement.
- Support the mission and vision of the Alumni Association in connecting Alumni to NMSU in ways that are meaningful to them by:
- Participating and volunteering in Alumni and/or University programs and events; and
- Acting as ambassadors and advocates on behalf of the University.
- Support the University by maintaining an active membership with the Alumni Association with an annual gift (minimum $1,000) to anywhere in the NMSU system.
- Attend board meetings, to be held in the spring and fall and serve on at least one committee.
- Commit to partner with all Board members and Alumni staff and, as a team, strive for the greatest success for the New Mexico State University Alumni Association.