A key piece of NMSU tradition to look for at Aggie football games is the Aggie Victory Bell. The bell was made by Stuckstede and Brothers Company from St. Louis, MO, and donated by the graduating class of 1939. This bell has had several homes on campus, including the gazebo on the horseshoe, the Tower of Goddard Hall and the Engineering Complex where it earned its original name, "The Engineers Bell."
Now, the bell resides on the South end zone of Aggie Memorial Stadium. After each winning home football game, a group of students ring the bell celebrating the Aggie victory. Fun fact — In 1942, after the Aggies clenched the Border Conference Championship, the bell was rung continuously for 24 hours to help campus and the community celebrate the athletic achievement.