What They Do
The IBD is made up of alumni representatives from each academic college, each of the last 5 decades and every region of the United States. The mission of the NMSU Alumni Association is to connect alumni and friends back to NMSU and help advance the University's goals, promote student success and continue to spread Aggie spirit and pride. The IBD supports this by creating and guiding alumni initiatives that engage alumni in numerous ways throughout the year.
Members of the Board promote NMSU, connect alumni and friends, advise the Association, network with other Aggies at events and celebrations, support students, serve on committees and programs, share expertise and assist the NMSU Foundation as Ambassadors to promote engagement, development and stewardship. Board members volunteer an average of 5 hours each month, maintain an active membership in the Alumni Association, and participate as Aggie Ambassadors throughout the year.
Deadline to submit for the July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2021 Board is March 31, 2020.
The Executive Council consists of four officers of the Association and ten persons elected from the regular membership of the Association. The President-Elect of the Association becomes the President at the end of their term. The President becomes the Past-President at the end of their term. The President and President-Elect serve one full year beginning July 1 of the fiscal year following their election. The Secretary/Treasurer also serves one full year beginning July 1 of the fiscal year following their election.
Scott Sponseller '96 '98
Carol Smallwood '83
Michael Law '05
Tony Martinez '96, '98
Nancy Flores '88
Erika Swan '95
Adam Thompson '08
Joe Armendariz '96
Karen Bardwell '74, '78, '86
Buff Benson '70 '72
Samantha Connor Steritz '11
Steve Duran '90
Tony Gonzalez '81
Kristin Chavez '93 '94
Elizabeth Howard '01 '13
Krista Madril '01
Bill Plantz '85
Midhat Quadri '05
Daniel Sonntag '14
Andrea Sparkevicius '91 '99
Paulo Tomasovich '02
Christine Trujillo '90
Jeremy Witte '15
The NMSU Alumni Association IBD enhances alumni participation and promotes alumni support.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Connect & reconnect Alumni to build lifelong relationships with New Mexico State University. Take an active part in reviewing, approving, monitoring, and achieving our objectives.
- Learn as much as possible about New Mexico State University, including its unique nature as a Land Grant Institution.
- Learn about the role of the Board – its function, policies, committees, work, outreach, and vision for the future.
- Abide by the Constitution and Bylaws. Keep appropriate information confidential and comply with the Confidentiality Statement.
- Support the mission and vision of the Alumni Association in connecting Alumni to NMSU in ways that are meaningful to them by:
- Participating and volunteering in Alumni and/or University programs and events; and
- Acting as ambassadors and advocates on behalf of the University.
- Support the University by maintaining an active membership with the Alumni Association with an annual gift (minimum $100) to anywhere in the NMSU system.
- Attend board meetings, to be held in the spring and fall and serve on at least one committee.
- Commit to partner with all Board members and Alumni staff and, as a team, strive for the greatest success for the New Mexico State University Alumni Association.
IBD Nomination Form