- This event has passed.
Diversity & Dialogue: Reading, Culture, and Country
The College of Arts & Sciences presents:
Through this essay study, students, faculty, and staff will discuss five different essays and their implications to society’s current challenges.
- February 11: Thomas Jefferson’s Declaration of Independence
- February 25: Malcolm X’s “Learning to Read”
- March 11: Sherman Alexie’s “The Joy of Reading and Writing: Superman and Me”
- March 25: Denise Chávez’s “Mejor unos tacos: Culture with a Capital ‘C'”
- April 8: Rudolfo Anaya’s “Querencia: Mi patria chica”