45 Years of Rugby
Welcome Rugby Alumni
The NMSU Rugby Alumni Association formed and managed by alumni, the Association is recognized by the NMSU Men’s’ and Women’s Rugby Club, NMSU Foundation and NMSU Campus Recreation as the representative of alumni interests in the rugby club.
What role does the NMSU Rugby Alumni Association play?
The NMSU Rugby Alumni Association serves to promote and advance the interests of the NMSU Rugby Football Club and New Mexico State University. Our bylaws include:
- The promotion, encouragement, understanding, and extension of the game of Rugby Union Football in all its aspects within the NMSU community.
- To generate, administer and disperse funds, consistent with the Rugby Clubs’ needs and long-term interests.
- To represent the interests of NMSU Alumni in rugby, to the NMSU Rugby Club and University administration.
- To advocate and advise – only as requested by students, administrators and coaches – on matters related to Club, assuring its long-term financial health, competitiveness, stature and traditions.
- To improve the quality and consistency in decision-making and communications among Alumni, related to the Club and alumni activities.
- To serve in a stewardship role, maintaining and improving information about past players and Club history.
- To foster fellowship, bringing Alumni of NMSU Rugby together to further their mutual rugby, professional and civic interests, through individual relationships and organized Alumni activities.
The Rugby Alumni Association is a team sport. We need your assistance to help sustain the competitiveness and traditions of NMSU rugby. There are many ways to be involved, including fundraising, organizing, event planning and sponsorship. As a volunteer philanthropic organization, we operate on the "4 As" principles:
- Aggies: Fostering opportunity for rugby players at NMSU that exceeded our own
- Advise: Offering expert, professional counsel and technical advice
- Accumulate: Donating or generating income for the Club operations or endowment
- Advance: Organizing and Doing; what needs to be done to move the Club forward
NMSU Rugby Alumni
ShawnLoudenback (at) gmail.com
NMSU Alumni Relations
575-646-3616 | email@example.com
Dove Hall, Room 227 | 1305 N. Horseshoe Drive
Las Cruces, NM 88003