Nominations will be accepted from January 22 - April 9, 2020 for the 2020 Alumni Awards. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Alumni Relations at 575-646-3616 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scroll down to submit your nomination.
The Distinguished Alumni Award recognizes living New Mexico State University alumni who have achieved national or international distinction by their accomplishments and leadership.
- This individual must be available to attend Homecoming, which is scheduled for October 22 - 24, 2020. Recipients will be recognized at the Awards Dinner on the Friday evening of Homecoming week.
- One award will be given for each of the following academic colleges: College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences; College of Business; College of Education; College of Engineering; and College of Health and Social Services. The College of Arts and Sciences will award 2 honorees: one DA from the Sciences and Social Sciences disciplines and one DA from the Fine Arts and Humanities disciplines.
- This individual has performed specific, meritorious service that reflects the quality and advancement of NMSU.
- This individual has achieved distinction in his/her business or professional life.
- This individual, in deeds and action, reflects and recognizes the importance of his or her education at NMSU, demonstrates pride in their alma mater and possesses evident interest in and loyalty to NMSU.
- This individual possesses integrity, stature and demonstrated ability that faculty, staff, students and alumni will take pride in and be inspired by with this individual's recognition.
- A nominee who has received a Distinguished Alumni Award previously may not be considered for another Distinguished Alumni Award in the same college.
- A nominee who has received a Young Alumni Service Award previously may be considered for a Distinguished Alumni Award. However, the nominee may not receive both a Young Alumni Service Award and the Distinguished Alumni Award in the same year.
- A nominee who has received a James F. Cole Memorial Award for Service may be considered for a Distinguished Alumni Award. However, the nominee may not receive both the James F. Cole Memorial Award for Service and the Distinguished Alumni Award in the same year.
Those ineligible for nomination:
- A candidate for any public office.
- One currently serving as a member of any NMSU Advancement Board, including the Foundation Board of Directors, the NMSU Alumni Association International Board of Directors or the Pioneers Board.
- Any current NMSU or NMSU Foundation employee.
Application Deadline: Completed nomination forms must be submitted to the Office of Alumni Relations prior to April 9, 2020. Nomination forms must be complete and thorough and contain supporting documents. This information will be used as the basis for the evaluation and selection of the Distinguished Alumni Award.
Review Committee: Members of the Alumni Association Awards Committee will review all completed award nominations and make the final selection. Each Distinguished Alumni Award recipient will be honored during NMSU Homecoming, which is scheduled for October 22 - 24, 2020.
Nominee Review and Consideration: Candidate submissions will be kept on-file and considered for an additional two years from the current submission date.
Questions: Office of Alumni Relations, email@example.com, 575-646-3616
Distinguished Alumni Award Nomination