The mission of the NMSU Alumni Association is to connect alumni and friends back to NMSU and help advance the University’s goals, promote student success and continue to spread Aggie spirit and pride. The IBD supports this by creating and guiding alumni initiatives that engage alumni in numerous ways throughout the year.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Connect & reconnect Alumni to build lifelong relationships with New Mexico State University. Take an active part in reviewing, approving, monitoring, and achieving our objectives.
- Learn as much as possible about New Mexico State University, including its unique nature as a Land Grant Institution.
- Learn about the role of the Board – its function, policies, committees, work, outreach, and vision for the future.
- Abide by the Constitution and Bylaws. Keep appropriate information confidential and comply with the Confidentiality Statement.
- Support the mission and vision of the Alumni Association in connecting Alumni to NMSU in ways that are meaningful to them by:
- Participating and volunteering in Alumni and/or University programs and events; and
- Acting as ambassadors and advocates on behalf of the University.
- Support the University by maintaining an active membership with the Alumni Association with an annual gift (minimum $100) to anywhere in the NMSU system.
- Attend board meetings, to be held in the spring and fall and serve on at least one committee.
- Commit to partner with all Board members and Alumni staff and, as a team, strive for the greatest success for the New Mexico State University Alumni Association.
If you have any questions, contact the Office of Alumni Relations at 575-646-3616 or email email@example.com.